Jira requires users to configure an application link to any applications they wish to integrate with the Jira instance. In order to use AMP for Jira, a Jira system administrator must configure an application link for AMP and share relevant information with the AMP admin who is configuring the integration.
Creating the Public and Private Keys
Follow the instructions provided by Atlassian for creating the private and public keys. These will be needed to set up the Jira application link in the next step, as well as in the organization configuration in AMP.
- Open the terminal and CD to the directory where you wish to save the private and public key files.
openssl genrsa -out jira_privatekey.pem 1024
- When prompted enter the following:
openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -x509 -key jira_privatekey.pem -out jira_publickey.cer -days 365
- Enter the requested values within the terminal.
- Enter the following:
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in jira_privatekey.pem -out jira_privatekey.pcks8
- Finally, enter the following in the terminal:
openssl x509 -pubkey -noout -in jira_publickey.cer > jira_publickey.pem
- On your desktop file system, navigate to the directory selected to save the files. There should be four files, including the following two files which will be used to setup the application link and configure the AMP organization connection to Jira:
Setting up a Jira Application Link
Before configuring an integration between AMP and Jira, a Jira System Administrator must setup an application link:
- In the Jira System Admin area, select the "Products" link in the navigation.
- In the "Integrations" navigation section, select the "Application Links" option.
- Enter the URL for your AMP instance in the URL field, then select the "Create new link" button.
- In the subsequent form, enter the following information:
- Application Name: Enter a name that will allow you to easily identify your AMP instance in the future. e.g., ACME Corp AMP Instance
- Application Type: Select the "Generic Application" option.
- Only the "Incoming Authentication" fields need to be completed. The public key generated prior to creating the application link will need to be pasted in the "Public Key" field.
Connecting AMP to Jira
The Consumer Key and Private Key file associated with the Jira application link will need to be used in AMP to connect to the Jira instance. See the "Configuring the Organization Integration" article to configure the connection in AMP.