- Date/Time: Monday, June 10, 2019 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
- Expected Outage: Up to 4 hours
- Updated Products:
- Access Assistant
- Access Continuum
- Access Engine
- Access University
Deliver Access University Courses in your Learning Management System
For access to SCORM or AICC course packages, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Level Access Customer Success Manager.
More Courses for DesignersAccess University now includes two new courses for the Designers cohort:
Accessibility for Designers
Getting Started with Inclusive Design
OAuth for AMP for Jira
The AMP for Jira integration has been updated to support OAuth as the authentication mechanism. This replaces the existing method of authentication between an AMP and Jira instance. All customers currently using the AMP for Jira integration must update their authentication configurations for their integration to continue working. Read more about the updated configuration options on the AMP Support site.
Accessible Color Picker
A new Accessible Color Picker extension is now available for Chrome. This extension allows users to select foreground and background colors from any web page and automatically evaluate the contrast of those colors. Alternative foreground and background colors are presented to allow users to easily select replacement colors for instances of low contrast. Download the Accessible Color Picker from the AMP Toolbox or from webaccessibility.com or accessibility.dev.
Access Assistant Updates
A number of enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Access Assistant to improve the user experience:
- A new keyboard shortcut has been added for users to quickly add manual violation instances. On a Windows machine, select Alt + M to access the Add Violation Instance form in Chrome or IE, and Alt + Shift + M in Firefox. On a Mac, select Ctrl + Opt + M.
- A new thumbnail capture feature has been added to the "Add Instance" form in Access Assistant. Capture a screenshot of a portion of the screen being tested or upload a screenshot to provide visual documentation of a violation.
- Users can now run a Quick Test on a selected node on a page.
More information on other Access Assistant enhancements and defects resolved with this release can be found in the Detailed Release Notes, attached to this article.