- Date/Time: Monday, September 10, 2018 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
- Expected Outage: Up to 4 hours
- Updated Products:
- Access Assistant
- Access Analytics
- Access Continuum
Access Analytics: Expanded Reports and Improved Domain Search
Customers can face challenges when using Access Analytics across many domains containing a very large number of pages. Sifting through all of the domains is now easier with the new and improved "Domains" menu, which now features a search menu that allows users to scroll through a list of domains or search for a specific one. Additionally, reports that only included data for the top 10 pages now include an option that allows users to view all pages and search for specific data, such as pages within a particular section of the site.
Access Continuum: More Methods, Documentation, and Sample Projects
Access Continuum has been expanded to make the configuration and testing process easier. New methods have been added to the API to enable more targeted testing, such as only running tests for specific Best Practices. The API is now fully documented (available here) and new and improved sample projects are included with the Access Continuum packages to make it easier for organizations to deploy the tools to their local development testing environments.
Improved Testing Experience in Access Assistant
A number of improvements have been made to the testing experience in Access Assistant to address customer feedback:
- Users no longer need to close Access Assistant and relaunch the toolbar when testing pages on multiple tabs within the browser. Simply keep the toolbar open and navigate to another tab to start testing.
- Users are now able to test local HTML files opened in the browser window.
- The iframe testing process has been improved, so users can easily capture content within nested iframes for testing.
- A new "DOM Selector" button has been added to the Node Capture screen in Access Assistant to facilitate node capture on complex pages with many nested elements.
Other Enhancements and Bug Fixes
A number of other enhancements and bug fixes will be released, including:
- Asset Name Creation Patch: When new users were created in AMP, an asset was automatically created for the user with their email address as a name. This resulted in organizations being overly cluttered and difficult to navigate. These assets will no longer be created automatically when a new user is created.
- Ideas Portal Link: A new link has been created in the AMP header to the Level Access Ideas Portal. Select the "Share Your Ideas" link in the header to share your ideas on Level Access products directly with our product team.
- Linked Report Buttons: Buttons were added back to AMP to allow users to quickly and easily navigate back and forth between linked Web and PDF reports.
- Media Types Selection: A new "Select All/Deselect All? option has been added to the Media Types filter in the Best Practices area in AMP.
- Assets List: In Access Assistant, the Assets list now displays the parent organization for each Asset.