- Release Date/Time: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
- Outage Length: Up to 2 hours
- Updated Products:
- Access Continuum
- Access Engine
- Access Advisor
Mobile Testing with Access Continuum
Access Continuum allows software development organizations to embed web accessibility testing in their software development lifecycle. Now these organizations can do the same for their mobile applications. With this release Access Engine has been updated to include automated tests for native and hybrid mobile applications.
- Automated accessibility tests for native iOS and Android mobile applications that can be integrated into your existing continuous testing frameworks
- An Appium extension, allowing organizations to incorporate accessibility testing into their existing continuous testing process for their mobile applications
- iOS and Android sample applications with 26 commonly used test components ready to use for testing of your Access Continuum integration
Read more about continuous accessibility testing for mobile applications in our user guide.
New Platform for Access Advisor and Product Support
With this release, we will be switching to a new platform for Product Support and Access Advisor. The general user experience will be very similar, with some exciting new or enhanced features:
- Product documentation will now include trending articles, so you can see articles that are most popular with other users
- View your submitted support cases and Access Advisor requests
- Submit more information with your support requests using the redesigned case submission forms, so we can provide better service, more quickly
Coming Soon: A New AMP User Experience
A lot of great changes are in store for the AMP experience in 2018, with major user interface improvements coming in the next release – AMP 9.9, scheduled for late May. A key change to note and start socializing at your organization is the renaming of "Projects" to "Assets."
Projects in AMP typically correspond with an asset or set of assets, such as a website or a mobile application, at an organization. The term "project" has confused our users for a long while, and we commonly hear the feedback, "If a project corresponds with an asset, why not just call it what it is?"
At the same time, the AMP user interface will be updated to increase the ease of navigation, enhance the reporting dashboards and generally improve the user experience.
More information will be shared via documentation and webinars in the upcoming weeks ahead of this change, so keep an eye out for emails from the product team. In the meantime, here's a sneak peak…
Interested in learning more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can tell you about the many ways Access Advisor allows you connect with our accessibility experts on-demand and throughout