The course we are using for the purpose of this documentation is Accessibility Concepts – Version 2.0.
- This course provides an overview of accessibility.
- This course is designed for those who will be introduced to the different types of disabilities, assistive technology, and various accessibility standards.
The goal of the course is that upon completion, you will be able to describe and discuss different types of disabilities, assistive technology, and various accessibility standards, as well as incorporate these ideologies into your own web pages. The course takes approximately one hour to complete. The course does not have to be finished in one sitting. Your progress can be saved so you can come back to completed it at another time.
ACCESSING ACCESS UNIVERSITY
- You may access University through the ‘University’ tab in AMP. You may also access University via a direct URL: https://university.levelaccess.com/
- Upon user creation, users will receive an email from Level Access with the subject “Level Access Password Create Password.” Your username is your email address and you need to click on the link in the email to reset your password. The sender is “AMP Support” (firstname.lastname@example.org). An example of the email follows:
- Click on the link in the middle of the email to reset your password
- Enter your email address
- Enter your new password (no restrictions on characters here)
- Confirm your new password
- Click the “Submit” button
- After clicking on the “Submit” button, you will be taken to your “Dashboard” page, and you will see the courses that you are enrolled in. Click on the title of the course to access the course content.
- You should now be at the “Accessibility Concepts” course home page
- For each course, there is a navigation bar in the left rail with all relevant sections that you should navigate through in order, beginning with Welcome (the example below shows the available content for the Accessibility Concepts v2.0 course):
- Welcome (Contents: Course Overview, Audience, Course Goal, Objectives, Outline, Completion Requirements, Time Estimate to complete the course, Pre Self-Assessment and an Introduction video)
- Explore (Contents: Accessibility Scenarios, Laws & Regs, Business Benefits)
- Reflect (Contents: Conclusion video, Post Self-Assessment and the Final Exam)
- Connect (Contents: Additional Access University course recommendations)
- There are 13 videos and one “Final Exam”
- To watch a video, click on the play button with the arrow. Below each video is an accessible transcript file.
- Navigate through the ‘Explore’ section. The Explore section contains the course content, divided into subsections.
- After you have made your way through the first two main sections and subsections (Welcome and Explore), click on the ‘Reflect’ link in the left-hand navigation. Here you will watch a Conclusion video and take the “Final Exam”
- Once you begin the exam, follow the instructions for each question. Once you have selected the best answer(s), scroll down to the next question. After completing all questions in the Exam, click the ‘Finish Attempt’ button, then click the ‘Submit all and finish’ button.
- You will be brought to a ‘Final Exam Summary of Attempt’ screen. From here, you can scroll to the bottom and either return to exam to revisit your answers by clicking ‘Return to Attempt’ or, if you are finished, click ‘Submit All and Finish.’ Click ‘Submit All and Finish’ on the confirmation screen (or cancel if you’d like to return). You will see a summary of your exam.
- If you answer the question correctly, you will see the following:
- If you answer a question incorrectly (or partially correct), you will see the following:
- After you submit the assessment and review the answers, click ‘Finish Review’. This will submit your score and record your grade. You will see a summary of the amount of attempts, and there is a button at the bottom to re-attempt the quiz.
- In order to review your course completion certificate, navigate to the Reflect area in the left-side navigation, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and the ‘Course Completion Certificate’ link will appear.
Click the link, and you will be taken to a page where you can download the certificate by clicking the Download certificate button. You also have the ability to share your certificate with a colleague, manager or to anyone with an email address. Simply enter an email address and click Submit.
- To log in to Access University after being logged out, visit https://university.levelaccess.com/
- Enter your username (email address) and password and click the “Submit” button
- To get back to the course home page, see a list of enrolled courses on your dashboard, or click on one of the course categories in the left-side navigation.
If you have any questions about Access University, or if you have comments or suggestions, please contact Megan Alfaro at email@example.com. Thank you!