Planned Release Date: February 19, 2016
SSB BART Group continues to make user experience and performance a development priority. In the AMP 2016.2.0 release we specifically focused on:
- Performance and scalability improvements
- Improved AMP user experience
- Continued growth of the Alchemy testing tool
Some new features and enhancements of note in this release are:
- Deprecation of AMP Desktop: As announced with the last AMP release, the AMP Desktop tool has now been deprecated.
- New and Improved Best Practices & Standards Library: The Best Practices area of AMP has been redesigned to make it easier for users to find the accessibility information they are looking for. Best Practices and Standards are now searchable and filterable, and we think easier to navigate. Please let us know what you think. We plan on making improvements based on user feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any defects or make suggestions.
- Spider Performance Improvements: We've taken the first step in improving the performance and scalability of spidering for our hosted clients with some hardware improvements. Stay tuned for more improvements in the next couple releases which will contain software changes. These changes will not affect the user interface of test creation, but you should notice your spiders running with less wait time.
- Alchemy Improvements: We continue to make improvements to Alchemy. Please keep the feedback coming! Of note in this release is support for Internet Explorer 11, and signing of the Alchemy plugin for Chrome. You can now install on Chrome without needing to enable developer mode. We also added media type filtering for automatic violations, and more filtering options will be coming soon.
To learn more, please read the detailed release notes below: https://support.ssbbartgroup.com/hc/en-us/articles/207696146