Report permissions can be accessed by navigating to the report and selecting the Permissions Action Icon (the lock icon) on the upper right corner of AMP. Adding a user as a Viewer allows them to read the content, but not edit or make any changes to it. Providing a user with Editor access allows them to write to the report and make changes to the report content.
Who has access
In this area of the Edit Report Permissions dialog the list of users who already have access to the report will be listed. Users with editor access can perform the following actions:
- Remove user(s) - This is done by selecting the blue X icon next to the user's name. This will remove their access to the report completely.
- Change Access Level - By using the dropdown next to a user's name the level of access for a user can be changed. Users with Editor access can be made the report owner. The previous owner will be changed to an Editor.
Note, that if the user has permissions to the project that the report belongs to they will not be able to be removed or have their access level changed since project permissions override the report level permissions
Users can easily be added simply by typing in a name or email address of a member of the reports Organization. The Add Someone text area will display a list of search results based on the characters typed to provide suggestions. Additionally, users can paste in a comma separated list of Emails to instantly provide access to multiple people on your team.
If the Email address added has never been registered within the AMP instance, the user will receive an AMP username and password in the AMP Report Notification e-mail that is sent inviting the user to view the AMP Report.
If the Email address has previously been registered on the AMP instance (i.e., if the user has previously been invited to view an AMP Project or Report), the user will receive an AMP Report Notification e-mail inviting them to view the Report, but it will not contain an AMP username and password since the same, previously provided, account credentials will be used to log into AMP. If the user has forgotten their password, they can use the "Forgot Password" link on the AMP login page.
Send Email Notification
Users can now decide if they would like the AMP Report Notification Email to be sent when adding new users to the report. It is important to note, as the tooltip will indicate, that non-existing AMP users who are added to the report will still receive an Email with their AMP account information even if Send Email Notification is un-checked.
This section of the Edit Report Permissions dialog will provide users with a variety of advanced options. Only users with Editor access to the report will have the ability to see and use the Publish Report options. Below is a list of available advanced options:
- Custom Subject - Allows the user to specify the exact subject of the AMP Report Notification Email.
- Custom Message - Allows the user to specify an additional message to be included in the AMP Report Notification Email.
- Publish Report - Changes the report state to Published
- Clear review state violations via Guided Automatic Tests - This option will remove all of the instance under the Guided Automatic node of the manual testing tree for all modules currently in the report
- Mark all module testing complete - This will set the manual testing status to completed for all modules currently in the report.