The “Patterns” section of an AMP Report provides a list of issues that were detected that occur on more than one module within the report (pattern) or across the entire report (global). Typically, a pattern or global would be created to encapsulate all violations related to a component (such as a navigation menu or search widget) that is used across a site or application. Patterns and Globals are broken into two separate tables, however the tables have almost identical structures:
- Check Box Selection Column: This column lets you select one or more modules at a time.
- Name: The name given to the pattern or global, which is also a link to either the “View Global” or "View Pattern" pages. Both of these pages share the structure as well and provide additional details about patterns such as which modules they appear on.
- Best Practice Count: Lists the number of best practices that are applicable to the violations in the pattern/global
- Module Count (Patterns only): gives the number of modules the violation occurs in
- Actions: Contains links for editing or deleting a pattern/global
Patterns Edit Action Icon
- Add Global: Launches the “Add Global” Modal which allows you to add global violation issues. You are able to add multiple violations to one global pattern.
- Add Pattern: Launches the “Add Patterns” Modal which allows you to add patterns of violation issues. You are able to add multiple violations to one pattern. As well as select which modules the pattern applies to.
Multiple report views and downloads are available for evaluating patterns:
- Report Patterns: This opens the globals and patterns view of the report, which displays all globals and patterns and allows for adding ad editing of those globals and patterns.
- Globals and Patterns Detail: Launches the "Globals and Patterns Detail" modal which lists each global and pattern violation, the description of the violation, and the number of modules in which the violation occurs.
- Globals and Patterns Detail Excel Download: Downloads the Globals and Patterns Detail report in an Excel document.