Before the AMP Bug Tracker integration can be used by organization members, the connection to the external bug tracking system must be created, and the forms for creation of JIRA tickets must be configured for the AMP organization. Organizations can use their existing JIRA form configurations to allow AMP users to create tickets in JIRA projects. AMP users who have the appropriate credentials in JIRA, and who have entered those credentials in their AMP profile, will be able to create tickets in the JIRA projects enabled by the AMP organization administrator.
Accessing the Integration Configuration
Only AMP Organization Administrators have access to the "Create Bug Tracking Integration" area of AMP. To access this area, first select the Administration tab for the organization. Then, select the Create Bug Tracking Integration link in the Organization Administration menu.
Note that the organization admin must also have admin privileges in the bug tracking system that will be linked in order to configure the forms for ticket creation within AMP.
Configuring the JIRA Integration
- In the Create Bug Tracking Integration area, first select the bug tracker that will be linked to the organization -- either Jira or IBM Rational Team Concert -- then select the Create Integration button to launch the configuration wizard.
- When the wizard is launched, the organization administrator must first establish the connection between AMP and the bug tracking system. This will require the admin to enter their credentials for that system. Note that the administrator must also have the appropriate permissions in the bug tracker to access form configurations.
- Site Address: Enter the URL for the bug tracker instance to be linked to the organization. For example, https://acme.atlassian.net or https://jazz.net/sandbox01-ccm/
- Username and Password: Enter the username and password for admin user for the bug tracker instance.
- Validate: Select the Validate button to validate the connection. If the connection cannot be made, check the site address and login credentials for accuracy and try again.
- Select the Next button to continue on to the next step -- selecting the bug tracker projects and issue types that can be used within AMP.
- Selecting bug tracker projects and issue types:
- On screen 2 of the wizard, all bug tracker projects accessible to the admin user entered on screen 1 of the wizard will be displayed. Select one or more projects in which AMP users can create tickets from the AMP organization.
- Select Next to continue on to issue type selection.
- On screen 3 of the wizard, the user can select the issue types that users can use to create JIRA tickets from AMP. Typically, issue types such as "defect" or "bug" would be selected for use, as accessibility issues are generally considered to be defects. Note that each project will be displayed in collapsed form on this screen. Expand each project to view the available issue types for the project and select those that can be used in AMP.
- Select the Next button to continue on to form configuration for each of the selected issue types.
- Form configuration: On the final screen of the wizard, all of the selected issue types across all projects will be displayed in a collapsed box. Expand each box to configure the form for creation of issues for each issue type. For each JIRA form field, configure the following:
- Include: If the field should be included in the AMP "Create Bug Tracker Ticket" form, select the Include checkbox. Note that all fields that are required in the linked bug tracker will be marked as required in this grid. It is best practice to include these fields in the AMP form, as well, to ensure successful creation of tickets in the bug tracker from AMP.
- AMP Field Mapping: When users create bug tracking tickets from AMP, the fields in the "Create Bug Tracker Ticket" form can be automatically populated with AMP data. To make this happen, select the AMP field that should be mapped to the bug tracker field using this menu. The data from the select AMP field will automatically populate that field when creating bug tracker tickets from AMP. Note that if AMP multiple fields are mapping to a single field in the linked bug tracker, the data from those fields will be concatenated with a line break between each field's data and inserted in the selected bug tracker field.