Performing Manual Testing
Manual Testing can be performed in Access Assistant to allow users to test pages and components in context. When performing manual testing, users select a Best Practice to test against and add violation instances as they are found.
To perform manual testing:
- In the toolbar, navigate to the report where manual testing results should be displayed.
- Open a module in the report.
- Select the "Manual Testing" button.
- In the Manual Testing screen, select the Best Practice to test against. This will open the manual testing instructions.
- Evaluate the webpage or component against the manual testing steps. If a violation is found, add an instance following the instructions below.
Adding a Violation Instance
To add an instance of a violation:
- On the Best Practice's manual testing steps screen, select the "Add Instance" button.
- Select the Inspect button to select the component that has the violation.
- Mouse Users:
- After selecting the Inspect button, navigate to the main testing window.
- In the main testing window, click on the component that is in violation.
- In the subsequent screen, confirm the node selection OR refine the selection by selecting the appropriate node in the window.
- Keyboard-only Users: After selecting the Inspect button, scroll through the source code on the subsequent screen and select the opening tag for the component.
- Enter details about the instance in the Note field.